Nov 17, 2010

Library Loot November 17 to 23 - Lovecraft and Tara Moss

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. 


This week the meta link is at Intrepid Reader.


The Dark Worlds of H. P. Lovecraft, Volume 4Despite having books to review on my list I have made it to the library three times this week. First up is my continued audio feast of Lovecraft read by Wayne June.  I am up to the fourth volume.  The Dark Worlds of H. P. Lovecraft, Volume 4 


Good solid, weird, wordy fiction, though I note we have drifted away from the sea and Cthulhu cults in this volume.








The Blood CountessNext was Tara Moss' Blood Countess.  I was really looking forward to this book considering Tara Moss' love of gothic horror and all the buzz surrounding it.  I ended up being disappointed and annoyed with the main character.  I might write a lengthy review of this one if I get the time.  Sufficed to say I was wary of reading another of her books after this.  I actually favour Twilight as better paranormal fiction.






HitSo wanting to give Ms Moss the benefit of the doubt I picked up one of the books from her Mak Vanderwall crime series.  Hit is i think her third book and though it seemed to be heavily inspired by Tara's own life I found the writing to be much better.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...