Oct 25, 2010

Up and Coming Reviews

This is just a heads up of up and coming reviews.  I registered at Netgalley and requested two titles for review.  The first of these is:

The Best American Mystery Stories 2010 (The Best American Series (R))
The Best American Mystery Stories 2010, Edited by Lee Childs.   It looks to be a good collection, though I note that the contributions are mostly male.





The second is

Future Minds: How the Digital Age is Changing Our Minds, Why this Matters and What We Can Do About It
Future Minds by Richard Watson.  This appears to be a book on trends drawn together around the theme of technology's influence on young and thus future minds.  I'll probably cross post this on my other blog as well.  My intention is to view with a skeptical eye.




Shaken (Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels Mysteries)The final title is Shaken by JA Konrath.  I received this ebook for taking part in Joe's latest book marketing experiment.  He's experimenting again with this title, giving the reader the option of reading it in traditional linear/chronological format or  in a non linear format - something that an author can really only achieve with the freedom of having no page length restrictions.


I have also had three separate requests from authors to review their work.  So I think I might have to draft a review policy to give authors some guidelines on whether or not I am likely to review their work.



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...